Saturday, March 9, 2013

Auto Transplant Days 14 and 15

Good days. In an effort to decrease my nausea, the doctors took me off of two of the three "broad spectrum antibiotics" I was on, and it has helped tremendously. My nausea is at a minimum and I'm able to drink without any problems. After being told I couldn't have any more to drink (or eat) because I was still throwing everything up a couple days ago, I've been allowed to work back up to drinking "clear" liquids - that's anything you can see through, as my doctor described it. So, I've been drinking water, Snapple, Sprite, chicken broth, apple juice, and eating jello. My nausea is completely under control, and I feel ready to take the next step tomorrow, which would likely be a full liquid diet - that's anything you can drink (or eat, if it's a liquid until it's refrigerated or frozen). Hopefully, my doctors see no reason to not advance me to that step at least. The next dietary step would be a full diet. They need to see that I can consume enough calories on my own without the TPN (IV nutrition) they've been giving me before they can/will send me home. So, if all goes well, I'll be going home on Tuesday or somewhere around there.

It was kind of cold and windy, but Noelle got me to go outside for one of my walks today. The sun was very bright, as you can see from my squinty eyes in this picture.

My pain from my typhlitis is completely gone, though I still have diarrhea. That should be helped with a more solid diet. We'll see.

I really don't know what else to report. I'm still as stir crazy and anxious to go home as ever, but living with the reality of the situation. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment