Friday, February 22, 2013

Auto Transplant: Day 0

Happy rebirth-day to me! This morning a little after 11 a.m., I received my first stem cell transplant. I'm exhausted, and the worst is yet to come. I still have to walk a bit into the valley of the shadow of death over the next several days before I can come back to where I want and need to be.

Oh! Yesterday, I received a plant - well, actually a cactus arrangement - from Onset Financial, who has been my employer for the past 13 months. It came with a nice note that says, "We are thinking of you and wishing you the best. - The Onset Financial Family" I thought that was a very nice and unexpected gift. Unfortunately, I can't have plants in my room, but it's at the nurses' station so every time I do laps around East Eight, I see it and am reminded that they care.

Well, that's about it for me for now. Like I said, I'm pretty exhausted. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much! We are all thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete