Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ice Water Is Cold...But Cancer Is Colder.

Ok, everyone. I told you I would do it. Now I have. If you're on Facebook, you can see videos of me being doused with very, very cold ice water EIGHT TIMES! I want to publicly recognize the following people, who have donated at least $50 to my LLS Light the Night fundraising campaign:

Richard and Joy Mann
Sarah Moon
Mel and Lori Roper
Russ and Nancy Merrill
Larry and Becky Ottesen
Jan Hayes
Bill Floyd
Tim and Rebecca Riggs

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I can't really say it was a pleasure to have eight tubs of ice water dumped on me, but it was worth it, and I'm willing to do it many times over. Cancer sucks - BAD - and anything I can do to help the LLS support more leukemia and lymphoma patients like myself, and fund the research that is saving lives every day, is absolutely worth the discomfort I felt for a few minutes.

To watch the videos (which are too large to post here on my blog), go HERE and HERE.

Here's hoping I can buy a lot more ice for this cause over the next three weeks until the Light the Night Walk. Please help if you can. Every dollar counts. You can make a contribution to my personal fundraising efforts HERE, or to my team, "Philpott's Fighters," HERE.

Let's keep those bagged ice companies in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment